Monday, July 23, 2007

When was the last time you did something for the first time?

Proudly to declare, my latest first timer was yesterday. It was a first all the way. I speared my first "pari" with the first throw. It was the first time I ever went to the sea with a clear intention to catch a "pari". I've never even gone fishing before. Not even with a fishing rod nor ever casted a net before. Its a first timer luck.
Actually it was not the poor pari's day. Probably it was curious at the pair of hairy leg clumsily trashing about in the knee deep water which was probably its playground.
I throw a long shot and it actually misses the "pari" but instead the stainless steel rod ricochet against the dead coral sea floor and speared right through the "pari". I stabbed it again with another spear (I was carrying two..tamak!) but the "pari" was determined to fight back. Its strong tail was lashing about which made me scared as I thought of Steve Irwin being stabbed to death by its tail. I had to call my hunting buddy "Ripin the Stingray Slayer" to finally finish the job..
Nevertheless, I was so proud I was giggling to myself a wee bit. It was a primitive sensation like a true hunter gatherer who kill with his bare hand..with a little help. I was feeling on top of the world.. despite the fishy smell.
Here's some pictures of the pari..I don't know from what species..but it taste so good..yumm!



It ain't smiling anymore..
The spear that did the job..after the first throw the pointy end was bend and it badly needed a repair job..

The proud "hunter".. I need to censor a bit..too many lovely tits pics on the internet thus no need to add another ugly pair..The task of "menyiang" fell on our package leader shoulder..
Ready to cook"Pari bakar" recipe ala Ikan Bakar Istana Negara.. the gravy was specially imported from Terrangganu.

We are thinking of going spearing again..next time maybe at night.. the place is infested with Pari big and small. Hopefully next time I would be as lucky.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Eee, kenapa tetek bapak warna hijau?