Friday, July 13, 2007

President Visit

So Omer el-Bashir finally made it to Port Sudan for the celebration. The rakyat also arrived in drove as early as 8am.

The weather was fine and by fine I mean the temp was at its best where even the most heat resistant Sudani was chanting for moya at about 10 am under the microwave hot tent. I felt cuak a wee bit when my friend suggested things could escalate into violence like the red mosque. The tent’s cloth was also red so hope u sees the connection.
The wording on the back of that guy perfectly described the occasion.
crowd control

Unfortunately I cannot wait till the event finish so I left just as Omer Bashir took his seat.
Well even half the rakyat marhaen also decided that the shows over and speeches wont quench their thirst. And that was it. The most hype about event this year in Port Sudan.

The rakyat chasing after lori roti..kalau BN buat cam ni kan senang PAS takeover our country..

Oh, I forgot to mention the warm up event that took place the night before. The organizer threw a concert Sudani style. The dancer was of course men from the adandawa tribe who showed off their move involving a long stick and lots of pointing to the sky. Too bad I m not equipped with camera suitable for night. Some of these pics also taken from my friend’s camera.

No comments: