Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Dekat Sudan Afrika ada apa?

Last night I had one of the most quality phone conversations with my 3yo Son Nuaim. No doubt with some encouragement from my wife who told him to ask me about me going swimming, his curiosity got the better of him and finally wanted to speak to me.

“Bapak pi swimming ada ikan whale ye?” he asked. “Ye”, I replied. “Bapak dekat Sudan mandi laut merah ada banyak ikan”, I added.
“Dekat Sudan Afrika ada apa?” he asked me
Dekat Sudan ada laut merah, ada ikan ada ketam macam-macam”, I replied feeling so excited that he is able to string a full sentence for a question.
“Ada whale ada fish ada shark ada ..haa nunti dia gigit” he added gingerly.
“Taklah. ikan Shark kecil je. Dia tak gigit”, I reasoned. The mention of Shark makes the hair stand on the back of my neck. I quickly recalled that giant shark printed on the cover of Tin Tin and the Red Sea Sharks. Plus, some of my colleagues and the divers also spotted a few black tipped swimming around the coral reefs.
“Nanti dia gigit sakit”, Nuaim persisted with his story.

That was it. A short conversation with my eldest, his a charming little boy. His first words is “fish” and his been fond of aquatic animal ever since. I don’t like to keep fishes, but luckily his Grandma managed a small pond full of them. I brought him twice to Aquaria KLCC just to keep his interest alive.

Since I am away, every time I saw the red sea, I always thought of him. So yesterday I managed a few pictures of some wildlife around the beach. Next time if I have to come to this dismal place again, I’ll make sure I have a good camera worthy for some memorable pictures. Not like these ones.

Video hermit crab malu-malu hermit


video ketam garang masuk rumah dia


sebelum tu..video terjunan budding star for olympic 2012

No comments: