Monday, July 02, 2007

Places I'd like to visit before I die

Since I started this blog a while ago I have problem of maintaining it and preserving my interest to continuously update em. Today I could not sleep and keep thinking to myself about that promise to my Sayang to take her on vacation she deserves. Then I thot of places I saw on TV that I would spend my Ringgit to go to. After daydreaming (or night-dreaming) and all I finally decided on a few places I would like to visit b4 I die.

The problem was to start writing it down .Ideas keep coming but my fingers simply wouldn't write. Finally I decided to recall my memories about this special interest of mine in geography.

My first introduction to geography was from my dad's giant Britannica map. I use to leaf through it every day and making pencil marks of places I have been to. I also make sketches of the places I wish I would visit someday. I also imagine that if I ever grow up to be a millionaire I would buy up pieces of land and turn them into forest reserve or Safaris. Lucky my dad never minded me writing and doodling on his map. I was probably 10 then.

Realizing my interest in geography he bought me some books from the national geographic publications so that I could harness my interest into something useful. When I grown up a bit he subscribed to the National Geographic magazine which I still keep em. Though the subscription stopped when I further my studies. I continued my subscription with my own salary many years later, but discontinued it again ever since the 911 when I felt l that Nat Geo beginning to sound like George Bush and his anti terror campaign.

Anyway that was the history of my passion with geography. Oh btw my favorite teacher was Mrs. Lim who teaches geography and was also kinda cute. My puberty years probably intensify the chemistry I had with Geography. Hehe.

Back to the main topic: Places I would love to visit before I die are the following: drum rolls please

South America

Patagonia, Argentina - some mountain in Patagonia caught my eyes. I simply have to go there and take my pictures standing there and besides I need to check out if the toilet really flushed anti-clockwise down there..

North America

Rockies, Canada- simply breathtaking and picturesque view.. When should I go? Summer? Autumn? Winter? Or spring? Kids, pack up your bags, we’re going camping!

Yellowstone, USA..Of course I must not miss the old faithful..

Asia

Osaka, Japan – the picture explains everything

Xinjiang, China – I am fascinated with the Kashgar and Urumqi Silk road and the heavenly lake.. and desert sand of the Taklimakan – haven’t I had enuf of desert in Sudan? Not..! I heard they test nuclear here near Lok Nor..

Truth is I use to had a thing about Chinese Muslim ladies.. I just want to go to their village and find out. Actually my Sayang never know about this ancient infatuation of mine..

Tibet, China – maybe will tour around Xinjiang from Urumqi to Kashgar to Tibet. Have to take a look at the map to decide the route.. it’s the roof of the world. The Shang-ri La..must go for me. Should I bring the kids on this trip? What age is suitable for kid to appreciate mountains, lake, and just the opposite kind of culture from us..

Everest, Nepal – I just want to have a good stare at it. and go home satisfied. I wouldn’t dare to scale the heights coz am afraid of heights… well ok i'll like to try hit first base and probably go back to Kathmandu and hit third base with my madam .. yesss..

Sri Lanka – I don’t know, they say Sri Lanka is the first place Prophet Adam set his foot on earth.. I’ll like to verify that myself.

Most of the pictures I leached from the Lonely Planet. Thanks!

2 comments:

Cempodot said...

I hope you do get to go to all these places, insya Allah but Sri Lanka? Well, I don't know - but I hear from the minute you step off the plane the stong ketiak smell will just permeate your nostrils! The ketiak smell is so strong - you'll smell it eveywhere... in the streets, in your hotel room, in the malls... EVERYWHERE! In fact, the whole entire country smells like ketiak! Ask Liza. By the way, the quality of the water is so bad you can't even drink the tap water you've boiled in your hotel room. Only bottled mineral water.

aripsa said...

If I can survive Sudan, I think Sri Lanka would probably pass of as heaven kot. Here ketiak smell is nothing like Liza's experience. At least she smell those who had probably taken a shower before boarding the plane. Sini..kibas tu lagi wangi tau.. hehehe

Actually I like going places where if you throw a stone at a group of people you wont hear them screaming "Adoii.." Like London or NY. You know what i mean..