Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Animalz

When I thought of wildlife of Africa I always thought of Elephant, Lion, Cheetah and Hyena. Well I'm in Africa and sadly to say I've never came across any of those after more than a year here. Geographically I am in the wrong place. Port Sudan lies by the Red Sea and is bordered to the west by the arid Red Sea mountain, therefore, chances of any of those animals crossing a 1500km of swamp, desert and mountains just to post themselves for my camera is zero.
So, my best collection of animal photos so far are those of urban type animals like camels and donkeys. Mind you, these are only taken by my Dopod and my old E-ten M500, which means, I'm handicapped to capture the real McCoy of the Red Sea, i.e. the coral wild life.
Since my son Nuaim is always demanding his mom to search for animals pics on the internet every time she came home from office, I hope these few pictures will serve as a one stop center for her search.
This is an old picture i took of a donkey wandering away from it's herd..There use to be plenty of them but ever since they gated the plant area, they are never to be seen again..
Same goes to this flock of camel..hmm I think I badly need help with my English..I suck at animal groupies.. how and when to use flock, brood, family, etc etc. I'm just confused..
This is a picture of a sick camel. It died a few days later.. Maybe it ate a lot of garbage..or maybe its overdosed by X-ray radiation when they were filming the piping works.
Nyumm.. cholestrol kills!!
Since I don't have a waterproof camera, I got this kid to catch a fish and took photograph of him holding this Ikan Bayan? I have to admit, he got it from his dad ice box jer..
Needless to say, so is this big fish..hehe
Lobsters!! hehe. Never caught any of them yet, but they're sure good especially if you wash them down with Karkadeh
They're not albatross but they sure shit a lot. The offshore operators needed to regularly clean the SPM deck especially the solar panel. They were caught in the act by the CCTV installed on board the SPM.
Close up view..the leader of the "shit" gang.. nasty 'lil guy
This is another species of them birds that made the SPM their home.. but this one kind of camera friendly..
A skull belonging to a very dead animal.. your guess is as good as mine.. maybe I'll ask Dr. Temperance Brennan of Bones on MBC4 tonight..A dead snake..maybe a viper or some sort.. but this one only a baby.. Tips: wear shoes, especially summer nights like this time around..

4 comments:

Cempodot said...

Those lobsters look really yummy! But rubbed with roselle? Apa rasa dia? Maneh ka?

aripsa said...

Yang, I said wash them down tu minum la aiyiaq karkadeh tu.. dia macam rosselle la.. mat sentul kata sirup ba'adan manjaria (minum lepaih makan).
come to think of it, my post is more about dead animalz.. dead fishes, lobster, kambing and a dying unta haha..horror

Ghaz said...

Arifsa;

Teringat kat Thar Jath yang sekarang ni musim hujan ....

Banyak animals ... and yes THE SNAKES too ...

aripsa said...

Ghazaaz kaann.. sejenis animal yg tak masuk dlm blog is the fly.. banyak... sampai naik geli.. sekarang ni nak mula la musim lalat.. aiyiaq bah bertakung pulak.. peerggh.. heaven pembiakan lalat la..