Wednesday, August 01, 2007

Bias for action

The coming RnR will be another short and hectic one for me from 11th-26th August. Actually my approved RnR is only 13 days i.e. 11th-23rd but it’s so annoying to describe to you about it that I decide to add a pinch of salt and tell u my own version of RnR, which would make me happy and so hopefully everyone in my family happy too.

In the short “13 or so approved” RnR days, I will have to be in KK for 2 and ¾ days attending a Forum which would end on the 14th. (The stupid project policy is that one only allowed to go on training during his/her RnR. Bullshit isn’t it? )

After the forum, I will have to squeeze some time to meet up with some lawyers to draft up an SnP to sell off my Bangi house. That would take a day or possibly two, if everything goes well.

An then, in between, I must pay a visit to my own Bapak family or more known to my kids as “Tok Kajang”, who unmistakably the name reveals where they live. I am sure my kids missed goofing around the house full of fragile crystals as well as meeting their aunties and funny uncles so it is a must visit for me.

By the 20th I would have to help get all the preparation ready for the trip to Kelantan, for my brother’s wedding. He’s Akad Nikah will be on the 22nd, and as my wife reminded me, there will be plenty of last minute run up work to be done before the event. So we would have to turn up in Kelantan at least a day earlier.

After the wedding, we will have to travel right across the peninsular to my hometown Aloq Setaq for our side of the reception planned on the 25th. The preparation here would also be a big issue as many distinguished VVIPs will be attending the wedding on my Bapak’s invitation. I am sure, all the works are pretty much sussed out but, hey, even though I am away, for most of the time, I would still like to “sinting lengan baju gotong-royong” like any good son of the family.

Amongst all the flurries of activities anticipated for the holidays, how does I fit in and become a good father and a husband? Well, the answer is I have to "kurangkan" ZZzz which I usually indulged myself on RnR. Hopefully I got over the jet lag while I am in KK.

Why should I bring up the issue of being a good father or a husband? Well, my son Nuaim has been refusing to talk to me on the phone every time I called home. It’s kind of depressing that my son is more interested in animal planet shows rather than talk to his Bapak. For that, I wonder to myself, what does he think of me or rather, how am I remembered by this 3yo person? Leave out the other 1 yo 6 tooth boy who barely know me. I would imagine, Nuaim’s own poll ratings of me would probably suggest that I be kicked out of “fatherhood office”, just like what Calvin told his Dad.

So, in hope of reviving my Bapakhood standings, I would have to volunteer bathing them everyday, probably try to feed them and take them to the park more often. Basically I need an action packed plan to maximally ensure they spend most of their waking hours by my side.

Not forgetting, I also need to spend more time with my wife, considering her condition now almost towards the end of her second trimester and into the third trimester, and where is the husband? The baby is into her (InsyaAllah..!) advance growth stage, and had never hears the Bapak’s voice. What a pity!

"Oh Purnama yang mengambang sugul di sebalik kepulan ribut pasir", wish me luck!! I will evaluate my own self if I were successful implementing my plan or just a doomed to fail “on-duty” dad.

3 comments:

Ghaz said...

Haji;

You can't have both end of the world (Lebih kurang gitu ler pepatah melayu lama .... iya ker??)

Itulahh ... it same goes to me ...

Now jadi weekend father .... macma mana tuh?????

Dian said...

Cik Abang Sayang,
I think Haji Ghazaaz meant 'the best of both worlds' - money and happiness don't necessarily come hand in hand you know.

Yay, so you staying on for Alor Setar?

aripsa said...

Yea yea, got both ur messages loud and clear!