Friday, June 29, 2007

Deluge in Bashayer, Port Sudan

Did I mention a splash of rain this afternoon? I wish to retract. Tonight between 9-10pm was a deluge.

It was the heaviest rain ever in the history of Bashayer. Probably, just now was the worst 100 year rain in this area. OK I am exaggerating. But both the office's and the camp's wireless antenna was blown out of its position by the howling wind that accompanied the rain, and the lightning and the thunder!

I'm sure KL folks would not give a flying donut about the rain here in Bashayer. They had too much of that recently..probably washed away their 50" plasma TV too.

Actually this post is just an escapism from my actual work. I've been lying to myself that I could finished a presentation I volunteered to give in KK next august. Up until now, I have not even manage to put together more than a couple of pages. I still have all my presentation material locked away as some electrons in my hard disk somewhere..

Oh well, thanks to our brave administrator who didn't mind to get himself wet to fix the antenna. Now we got back our internet. It would be a waste if i didn't appreciate his effort by posting a useless blog, right?

No comments: